Saturday, January 13, 2007

Disneyland


It has been close to 13 years since I've been to Disneyland. The last time I was there was for Grad Night back in 94 celebrating the end of High School. I was amazed at how cool Disneyland still is (my early re-collections of Disneyland is taking pictures with Donald Duck and being afraid of the Whale from Pinochhio and running for my mom) but I was 4 so you can't blame me.
From old classics from Space Mountain to newer rides like Indiana Jones were a blast. I think it brought out the inner kid in me again that no other amusement park can do. Even though it was packed beyond capacity since it was New Years, just being in the park that Walt built was great.
Since it was packed I only got to ride Space Mountain and the Buzz ride during the day. At night we went to California Adventures and got a bite to eat along with a few beers (judging by the line I'd suggest that Disney add a few more beer stations scattered throughout). It was so packed that they weren't letting people into Disneyland around 10p.
After celebrating New Years and drinking a few glasses of wine and bubbly, we rushed back into Disneyland Amazing Race style. We rode Indiana Jones, the redone Nightmare Haunted Mansion (talk about attention to details) and of course Pirates of the Carribean. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: